- Connectivity of information
- Stakeholder relationships
On page 10, Vancity outlines its business model and strategic priorities, describing how the organization intends to create value for its employees and the communities in which it operates.
In the ‘future plans and targets’ section on page 39, the report outlines performance to date and notes that progress on the goals identified have a direct impact on management’s incentive plans as well as profit-sharing with employees. Vancity also highlights its strategic initiatives for 2014-2016 to show how the organization aims to grow membership, operate responsibly and create value. Additional information on these targets and goals is available via hyperlink to Vancity’s Three Year Plan document.
This single page demonstrates great connectivity by:
– Including hyperlinks to more fulsome disclosures elsewhere. This keeps the report concise while providing ‘information layering’ for those who want to learn more;
– Presenting future targets in the context of past performance; and
– Linking targets/performance to the organization’s broader value proposition.